Okay, so we finally finished our 12 week challenge. I'm sure a lot of you are sick of hearing about it, but this will be my last hoorah and then I'll only discuss it if you ask me. We heard about Body for Life through our hometeacher, who was the grand champion winner for last year and won $25,000. Nate and I started looking into it a little more and decided it was something we wanted to do. (Which I'm so glad Nate did it with me because that made it a lot easier for me to have him to report to.) Body for Life is so great! It taught us how to eat right and exercise right. None of this starving yourself stuff because frankly, we LOVE food, and we couldn't do that. But I do have to say, if you choose to do body-for-life, definitely do the 12 week challenge and stick to it because it got us on a good daily habit and that's what kept us going. Here's the website if anyone wants to check it out:
http://bodyforlife.com/ Another thing that really helped us keep going is this book with some AWESOME recipes in it called Eating for Life.
I debated for a long time whether I should post these before and after pictures and I've had a couple people request them, so here they are. (Please keep in mind that I do still have 4 kids and that's always going to show up on my body.lol)
Before

After
Before

After
So there you have it! We didn't keep track of our body fat percentage or anything like that, but the final results were that Nate lost 26 pounds and I lost 9 pounds.
7 comments:
WOW! You guys look great!!! That is a good thing for me to do before we go to Mexico. I guess you guys are bikini ready:) I'm not. Not that we'll wear bikini's anyway, but we still have to see ourselves when we shower. Well.....any way Congrats. You look really good. I'm still deciding what to do since I have a husband who should gain and I should loose. Maybe we'll have a weight gain/loss contest. At least we are eating healthier.
Congrats, guys!! I know it takes a lot of discipline to get where you are... You look great!
You look awesome. Seriously, I am feeling inspired. I am so glad you posted the pics.
Wow! You look great!! I am inspired too. I am struggling with this baby weight that I have, but gosh darn-I love food too!!! lol I will have to check this out.
I am so glad that you posted the pictures! You both look great! Thanks for being an inspiration to me. You are such an amazing person, I am glad I have gotten to know you.
Dang, maybe I should try it. I could definitely use to lose 9 pounds. Good job, Jules, I'm impressed. Cute girls from the dance recital too :)
When are you coming to Utah?!
Wow Julie! You look AWESOME! Who has a beginning 6 pack after 4 kids. My butt needs to do this. You guys are inspirering.
Post a Comment