Sunday, May 10, 2009

My baby boy is 1

I can't believe Kyler turned one last week!! My baby boy is growing up too fast. He's not walking yet, though, so at least that makes me feel like he's still a baby. I think he's actually very smart...and I'm not bias or anything, but in my opinion he hasn't learned to walk because he doesn't see the point since he would just fall further and he can just get everywhere a lot faster when he crawls. That's how it was when he learned about the stairs...he would just crawl right to the edge, but never try to go down, so finally I showed him a couple of times how to turn himself around and he's been doing it ever since. He's also very observant...he'll notice that across the room, his sister is eating an ice-cream cone and all he has is baby crackers, so he'll cry and point until he gets what he wants...I think that adds stubborn to his list of traits too. I think he gets all three of those traits from Nate: smart, observant, and stubborn. I know this cake isn't that great, but I'm pretty proud of it cause I hardly ever make my kids birthday cakes and especially not creative ones. The letters and number are made out of starbursts rolled flat and cut out and around the edge is fruit-by-the-foot and more starbursts. The balloon suckers I just found at the dollar store.
Nate's such a good daddy! Kyler just wanted to grab that cake and candle so bad! I was excited to get a picture with him just covered in cake and frosting, but he actually didn't get that messy. I'm not going to go as far as saying that he's a "clean" child, but I've seen him be much messier.

We are trying so hard to get him to walk. All of our other kids were walking before they were one. It's such a fun phase to watch them learn!

Kyler LOVES balls!! He was working so hard at getting these two balls to stay on the windowsill that he forgot he wasn't even holding onto anything to stand up.

This was Kyler's present from Grandma Loftus. This was probably the longest he's gotten to sit on it since because the girls all want to ride it too. This is how Kyler's changed in the last year:

We love our Kyler and as you can tell, we spoil him rotten!! There's some advantages in having 3 older sisters and being the first boy!!

7 comments:

Cheryl and Scott said...

Happy Birthday Kyler! He is sooo cute. I can't believe that he is 1 already. This past year has flown over. We have got to get togther and let him and Liam play more often. Liam loved it when you came over the other day.
Awesome job on the cake, it looks yummy!

Becki said...

Happy Birthday Kyler!! I think learning to walk has nothing to do with being smart or not. They just have to have that desire!! He'll be doing it before you know!

Blake Jones said...

He's so cute. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

Belnap Family said...

Good job on the cake! We miss you at Bunko, now I never get to see you!!

romanrobertaloftus said...

All these birthdays... Seriously, I think I'm loosing my mind! I totally forgot about his birthday, I'm so sorry!!
Happy birthday Kyler! Sorry we didn't call! You're so cute, I can't believe you're one already!

Tai said...

He is so cute. Happy 1st Birthday!!

The High Family- said...

Still can't believe our babies are 1. Kyler looks like he's 1, Carter doesn't! Kyler is so cute and so big!