We left on our vacation on Saturday after two soccer games and a piano recital (oh, and an almost-flooded basement that we were really glad happened right before we left and not after we were gone). We got to stay at Nate's brother, Roman's house with his family in Provo. Then we attempted our 10 hour drive to Phoenix on Sunday morning. Between going to the bathroom, poopy diapers, and throw-up we finally got to our condo about 12:00 midnight our time (11:00 p.m. Arizona time). Needless to say it was a very long drive, but Nate and I's only goal for the whole vacation was to work on our patience and man was it tested, but regardless, we still had a ton of fun and our kids did great for the most part! I made sure to get a picture of everyone in the car since that's what most of our vacation was spent doing:
We got to visit almost all of my family that's in Arizona. We first visited my grandma, Booma, and my grandpa, Papa. The last time we saw them I was pregnant with Kenzi, so they got to meet two new great grandchildren.
Then Tuesday night, my aunt Carla invited us to see her cute home and have dinner with her. We had a ton of fun and she even gave us a tour of the area and we had a whole lesson on cactus, which was very interesting to those of us from Idaho. Unfortunately, I was having such a wonderful time that I forgot to take pictures when I was there. Then Wednesday night, my aunt and uncle, Mark and MaryBeth, had us over to dinner with their son, two daughter-in-laws, and 3 grandchildren. It was soooo great to see them and MaryBeth is a wonderful host and cook.
We left Arizona on Friday morning and stopped in Las Vegas for a night. That was a lot of fun too. We stayed in the Excalibur and the girls' favorite part was M&M World and riding on the Tram.


4 comments:
What a busy vacation! Vegas looked like fun. We are glad to have you back!
It was great to have you guys over! I think we'll be coming for the 4th... We'll let you guys know.
It looks like you guys had a blast. Katelyn is soooo cute in her glasses. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I am so excited to get together next week. I miss being able to pop across the street and say Hi.
You guys are brave to take that long of a drive with kids. It looks like a fun trip, though. Next time stop in Kaysville and say hi! Katelyn is a cutie in her glasses.
Post a Comment