I'm so excited after moving and finishing two houses to finally get to do things that I never particularly enjoyed before. I look forward now to doing laundry and dishes and vaccuuming. (I thought about taking pictures of those things, but I figure you have enough of your own to see. Ha-ha!)
The other day I went with some friends and my sister to go pick raspberries. We took all of our kids so it was a little chaotic, but a lot of fun. It's just a huge raspberry patch where you can pay to pick your own berries. It was $1.50 for a little green carton. I think that's a pretty good price, but I'm not very good with remembering numbers and prices. This is the third year I've been and my family LOVES the homemade raspberry jam. So that's what I did last week. Then over the weekend we found a good deal on some strawberries ($9 for a flat, which has 8 packages in each one), so Nate talked me into
getting 3 flats of strawberries. So I started making Strawberry freezer jam today until I ran out of pectin, so I'll finish up tomorrow. I make it sound like I just whip up jam like it's nothing, but I just learned how to make it last year from a friend and that's really the only thing I know how to can. Actually, my sister and I canned peaches last year too. Now I'm hooked on home-canned peaches! They are the best!
getting 3 flats of strawberries. So I started making Strawberry freezer jam today until I ran out of pectin, so I'll finish up tomorrow. I make it sound like I just whip up jam like it's nothing, but I just learned how to make it last year from a friend and that's really the only thing I know how to can. Actually, my sister and I canned peaches last year too. Now I'm hooked on home-canned peaches! They are the best!I finally decided to do a little decorating in my new house. I'm not very good at it, though. I have a wonderful mother-in-law who helps me buy and put together the beautiful decorations, but then when I try to put them somewhere it always looks a little "off" to me. Some peope just have that "decorating touch" that I don't have, but you can decide for yourself:
And this is a picture of my baby, Kyler. He's growing up so fast. It's kind of a funny picture because he was actually crying and stopped for just a second to see what I was doing with the camera.


2 comments:
Hey Julie I am totally impressed. If I had just moved I don't think I would be attempting to make jam!! I seriously want to learn this year how to can peaches. I love peaches!! I want to see more pics of the inside of your new home. The pics of your little baby in the prior post are so cute. I think that he looks a lot like Nate!!
Good job Suzy! Your jam looks great! and decorating looks great! You probably figured, you can't wait around for me huh? Thanks again for having the girls and for Saturday. It was dang fun!
Post a Comment