Monday, September 22, 2008

Kenzi's 3rd Birthday and Aunt again

My Kenzi Dawn turned 3 years old last Wednesday. We had a family birthday party for her the Sunday before and she had a few friends over on her birthday to have cupcakes and paint their faces. That's all she wanted for her birthday, so I think she had a great time. My mother-in-law is an artist so she was going to paint faces, but she ended up having to work, so me and Kenzi's friend's mommies winged it and they turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I'm being too lazy right now, though, because I haven't downloaded the pictures of her friend party and the face paint so maybe I'll put those one later.

My sister, Jenny, and her husband, Blake, had a baby last Monday. We were all super excited, but super disappointed that they are all the way in Ohio, so we couldn't be there with them, so hopefully a trip to visit them will be planned very soon. They named their baby Alissa, so they now have a 3 year old girl, Remi, a 1 year old boy, Broden (he'll be two in October), and a one week old baby. All of this while Blake is attending dental school. They're pretty amazing!! I love how Jenny's protecting the baby's head from the "weapon" Broden has in his hand. Is this what I have to look forward to when Kyler grows up?

9 comments:

Becki said...

Hey Julie! I didn't know that you had a baby!! Or that you moved! Your little guy is a cutie.

Grama and Grampa DD said...

Jenny taught me about leaving our comments on this blog thing so this is my first attempt at yours. Your pictures and comments are just darling! I laughed and laughed at some of those pictures...especially the one of Katelyn's face in the bowl! :) Sorry we missed Kenzi's bday. How about coming to dinner Sunday for a belated bday party @ our house? 143!

The High Family- said...

I can't believe Kenzi is already 3! She is such a doll. Miss seeing you in the ward, hope things are good for you guys!

Cheryl and Scott said...

Kenzi is such a cutie, I just love her smile! I hope she had a fab birthday. I feel like we haven't seen each other forever, I miss you!

romanrobertaloftus said...

Kenzi looks so happy in those pictures! I bet she had a great birthday... Roman and I have been talking about coming up to IF soon. We'll see how it goes...

The Taggarts said...

I just ran across your blog! It is fun to see what your family is up to. I can't believe Kenzie is 3 now! The boys are dying to play with your kids again. I'll call you soon.

Tai said...

Looks like a fun party. They look a lot like us in dental school. It brings back so many fond memories!!

amber and james said...

So cute! I am sad I didn't even get to talk to you at Bunko! What is up with that? Your blog is so cute! See ya soon!

Kristine said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for the comment. The recipe is pretty easy, especially if you have a mixer. I don't have my own grinder yet, I'm still borrowing my mom's. I posted the recipe on my other blog, sisterswaprecipes.blogspot.com.