Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nate's 30th birthday party

I threw Nate a suprise birthday party for his 30th birthday. We had it at the Teton Spectrum Raceway and it was a ton of fun!! It was sooo perfect for all ages that I think everyone had a blast. There were go-carts for the adults, go-carts for the kids, a couple of the huge blowup/bounce toys, and a bunch of arcade games.
This was the crew that was the welcoming surprise committee. (Thanks you guys for all of your help setting up and everything!)

Nate was surprised! He had no clue. And as you can tell I was pretty excited too!

You can't see it from this angle, but there are actually two cakes and he blew out all 30 candles on the first try. (So full of hot air.) They were ice-cream cakes from Reed's Dairy and very, very good, but don't try to feed 50 people with just two cakes. (Sorry everyone only got little pieces.)
Nate's brother, Austin, helping cut the cake.

Nikosha racing go-carts.

Logan and Katelyn racing

Aubrey, Paige, and Hailee

This is me driving the go-cart. Apparently I won the "worst driving award" because there was actually a go-cart pile up that the guy in charge said was my fault since I didn't hit my brakes. No, seriously, my sister's go-cart ended up on top of my go-cart. Luckily everyone was okay. I guess nobody's going to want to ride with me from now on. (I didn't know I was supposed to use the brake. Ha-ha! But I learned my lesson.)

Nate with his baby boy. (Jenny, notice the shoes. Very appropriate for the occassion!)

7 comments:

Blake Jones said...

Wow! What a fun party! Wish we could have been there. Tell Nate we say Happy Birthday, late. I did remember last week:) I just am always forgetful the day of! We miss you guys.

Tera said...

WHERE IS OUR INVITE!! WE TOTALLY WOULD HAVE COME TO HELP THE OLD MAN RING IN THE 30's. That is crazy that our men our 30. Good thing they have such hot young women in their lives to keep them young. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!!

romanrobertaloftus said...

Sorry we couldn't come!! It looks like it was a lot of fun! We miss you guys! We tried to call your cell, Julie, but you didn't answer... Happy Birthday, Nate! Surprise parties are the best!

Tai said...

So sorry we didn't come. I tried to call you and I left a message but I couldn't say too much cause I didn't want to give the surprise away. Mike really tried to get off work but that was a crazy day. We really want to come up there soon though. Maybe next weekend or something when the girls have UEA break. Call me and Happy Birthday Nate!!

Pamcakes said...

You are so fun. What a good party, Jeff is lucky to get a present when it is his birthday. You are a good wife!!

JENNY said...

looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. tell your mom hi for me

The High Family- said...

Your are such a good wife! I bet he loved the party. Good job Julie!