Sunday, April 5, 2009
General Conference
We just had another wonderful session of General Conference. (It's when the prophet and apostles of our church speak to everyone.) We are so blessed to be able to watch it on t.v. in our own home. I remember growing up in Colorado, where we'd have to go to the church. With 6 kids, my mom and dad would only take us to one two-hour session and then they would switch off going to the other sessions. I was so naive back then. I thought it was the same thing repeated over and over again and I thought it was pretty weird that my parents wanted to go listen to it again. lol Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I appreciate the opportunity to listen to conference so much more. Our Primary leaders gave all the kids Activity packets to do during conference. My kids were soooo excited. (I wish I would have taken a picture of them working on them.) We bought little candies for their bingo page and Nate and I also had a lot of fun playing bingo with them during conference.
But the most important thing that we got from listening to the General Authorities was that we are wonderful people and we just need to continue to be the best we can be and the Atonement of our Savior will make up for the rest. There's no way to come away from Conference without wanting to be a better person, so that's my goal in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At least you knew there were other sessions of conference. I didn't realize there was more than the Sunday morning session until I think we moved to Idaho. That's pretty sad. I loved conference too. We get to watch it on the internet at home.
How do you get to watch it with kids. I swear, I'm lucky if I get to hear a whole talk. What I heard was great though. Love it. When are you coming to Utah.
I love conference!! We did little conference packets this time too and my kids loved it!!
Post a Comment