Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Let it Snow!!

We got soooo much snow over the holidays. It was pretty crazy! My girls had a ton of fun playing in it. Here's a couple of pictures of them: So, I've been trying to do a little bit of facebooking lately, but it seems like I need to check it more often than every couple of days to be able to keep up...Any tips on facebooking? I've been even worse at blogging than facebook. Sorry! I was also wondering if anyone had any good web-sites on hairdos. One of my blogging friends (Becki) decided to get an invitation only blog and didn't invite me, so now I can't get all of her cute hairdo blogs. (This is just a hint for Becki to invite me on her blog. ha-ha! She's probably getting ready to have her baby any day and won't even read this.) My goal is to update my blog about once a week. I'm definitely trying to find balance this new year too, Amber. Have you ever heard the quote: "Too much of a good thing is wonderful"? I don't think that's true. I think that we need to find balance and remember that our family is "the most important". I love my family and I'm going to find a good balance this new year for them! Here are some of my goals: 1. Remember that my husband is and always will be my best friend and needs extra attention that I sometimes forget to give him when the day gets so stressful and busy 2. Remember that my kids are going to grow up faster than I think and I need to make sure and spend time with them now 3. Go to bed by 10 every night and up by 6 every morning (getting enough sleep truly does affect everything about us)(isn't it true that you can get done in one hour without your kids, what would take you all day with kids, so my goal is to wake up and spend one hour every morning doing the things that are easier to do without kids) 4. I'm going to go to the temple at least once a month, hopefully two...We had a good reminder lesson on Sunday about attending the temple. Someone made the comment that even if we don't feel like we have enough time to do a session we can still do other things there or even just go feel of the spirit. 5. Remember that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants the best for me and my family Now that's it's past 10 and I'm already starting to break my goals, I better stop now. I hope everyone has a great new year and finds a good balance in everything!!!

8 comments:

Cheryl and Scott said...

Hey you!
I have all the hair blogs on my blog. I'll email Becki and tell her to invite you though. She had Ava last Friday, I went up to the hospital to see her and she is sooo cute!
As for the facebook thing I check it every night when I check my email. That's probably a little too often though....lol.
We have got to have a girls night out soon. I need a night out and I miss you!

Becki said...

Hi Julie!! So, you are using my blog for my hair do list, huh?? I see how you are! Haha! Just teasing you. I'm sure you love to read my ramblings and look through my millions of pictures too, right?? Right?? Hehe. Anyways, I do read your blog! I saw that it was updated when I was reading through my side list and came and was shocked to see you mention me. I feel sooo special. ;) Anyways, yeah-I decided to go private, but didn't have your email. Sooo, send me your email addy you use for blogger and I will send you an invite to my blog, AND you can see some cute pics of my new baby! Cool, huh?? tbkress1 @ msn dot com.

Blake Jones said...

I was making a comment, but it was wwwwaaaayyyyy to long, so I sent an email instead. I love the pictures. Especially the family one with funny faces.

I miss all of you already. I'll be home in 34 days though:) yeah!!!

Kelly said...

What great new year resolutions. I want to adopt each and everyone of them!

The Taggarts said...

Those are great goals! Let me know if you guys ever want to trade babysitting to go to the temple. Our kids have been wanting to play with yours, so we'll have to get them together. I'm on facebook, so I'll have to look for you. I'm not good at checking it either:), but it's a great way to keep in touch.

Belnap Family said...

Good luck getting to bed by 10 and waking up at 6!! That would be way too hard for us! :) Love your snow pictures, way fun!!

Karri said...

Julie you are so funny. those are great goals and reminders.

Karri said...

by the way I'm on facebook too. I will try to find you. Are you up for some starbucks sometime this week? Like maybe tomorrow night?