Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My One Time of Being a Creative Mom

I'm not a very creative mom and especially when it comes to doing any sort of crafts with my kids, so I just never really do any. But one day I had this great idea that we were going to do a craft. I got my idea out of this fabulous book I have called: "Unplugged Play" by Bobbi Conner which is a wonderful book for uncreative moms like me...Anyway they had this idea in there to make hats out of paper plates and then let the kids decorate them. Well, Katelyn decided if we were doing a craft then she wanted to paint, so I was a really brave mom and decided to let them paint too. Of course, we decided to do this wonderful project right "after" they got out of the bathtub. Not the best idea but they did pretty well...I think we only got paint on their hands and the counter (which was easy to wipe up), but the bath also explains why their hair is pretty crazy. But I wasn't letting their messy hair get in my way of documenting my first creative mom moment. Ha-ha! If anyone else enjoys reading self-help books (if that's what you want to call them) I have a few favorites that I just wanted to throw a shout-out for: The House That Cleans Itself" by Mindy Starns Clark This is a great book for the house-cleaning impaired (like me) "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger And my all-time favorite "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ" And I also love hearing advice from other people. I love to hear little random tricks that other people know too, so I thought I'd share some tricks with you: * If you get deodorant on your shirt a nylon works great to get it out * If you want to sharpen a pair of scissors then cut a piece of tin foil with them * Clothes, towels, sheets, and blankets fold much flatter if you fold them on something hard, rather than in the air Some people might think all this is useless knowledge, but I LOVE little tips that will help me be a better person and do my "jobs" better. I hope everyone reading this leaves me at least one little tip...thanks!

4 comments:

Tera said...

Okay so I got a kick out of you saying you weren't creative!! You are SUPER MOM, I have seen your posts! You seriously put some of us other moms to shame, myself included!
I thought of two tips I found that help me be a better mother, the first is
Cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling a walk while it is still snowing. And right now with Baby number 5 making me miss my beauty sleep, If mommy ain't happy, NO ONE IS HAPPY!! Needless to say Shaun lets me take naps!

Becki said...

Here's a tip for ya. Never eat yellow snow! ;) Umm, I will try to think of some better tips. Cute craft-you are a great mom!

Blake Jones said...

I agree with the other 2 who just left you messages, you are super mom and NOT house keeping impaired! But a yip I like is....uuuuummmmmmmm..... I can't think of one, You gave me all of mine. Maybe when cooking something that you use a lot of utensils for, then keep warm soapy water in the sink so you can just toss them in it as you go so nothing hardens on them. Or spray non stick spray in measuring cups before measuring things that stick like caro syrup, mollasses etc.

Tai said...

Cute idea with the crafts. I think the hardest part about doing crafts is they are so messy!! Who wants to try and make a mess when you kids do it on their own all day? I love crafts, I just wish someone would put them together and clean them up!!