Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kyler's Baby Blessing and New House

I just figured out what the "preview" button means when you create a post. So now you know why my last post was so whacked with all the spacing. Sorry about trying to read that.


We blessed our little man, Kyler, yesterday. Isn't he absolutely adorable?!!!



His top button could barely button because he's gotten so big. (He was exactly 2 months old and weighs 14 pounds.) The shoes he wore were actually the same exact shoes Nate wore when he was blessed.


And can you believe how HOT my husband looks in his suit?!! My two boys look great together. It's definitely one of my favorite pictures. (You'll have to notice that Nate's actually smiling with his teeth. That's pretty rare.)

This is our first family picture, so now I can update our family picture on our blog.
Nate finally got pictures of our new house we're building, but I still want all of you to come see it in person.
This is the front of the house, located in The Village on the west side of Idaho Falls.




This is Nikosha's room. I LOVE the colors. Plus it will work for a boy or a girl later on. We bought a bedspread first and matched the colors to it. Nate only took a picture of this bedroom, but we also did a VERY purple room for Katelyn that is really cute too.


This is my very own office/craft room. It's a huge room that is designed just for my vinyl and Mary Kay stuff!

Around this corner is our shower in the master bathroom. I'm now a professional grouter. I grouted the tile in our whole house. Unfortunately, I didn't really do it right at first, so I don't love what I did on the first couple rooms, but the last ones ended up great (thanks to Scott for teaching me the right way).

This is our laundry room. We wanted to try something different, so we went with the whitewashed stain. They look a lot cooler in person.



And this is my kitchen! Yahoo! I LOVE my counter tops. They are solid granite and I think I appreciate them a lot more after having the counter tops I have now. This is actually the cleanest I've ever seen this kitchen. Apparently Nate hid all the junk back behind the island.
By the way, we got an offer on our "Gemmet Creek" house today that we countered back on, so we'll see what happens with that.


3 comments:

Tera said...

What a beautiful family and a gorgeous home. I am extrememly jealous. I definitely know who to talk to when we get to build our dream house about what works what doesn't, and what colors to use. You guys did great!! We wish we lived a little closer so we could play! I think our kids would have way too much fun.

Nield Fam said...

Julie-

Kyler is getting so BIG! He's adorable. The new house looks beautiful! Are you going to quit Bonko on us if/when you move? I hope not. We'll miss you.

Cheryl and Scott said...

Kyler looked gorgeous on Sunday! He is sooo handsome. The house looks awesome too and I agree the laundry room cabinets look amazing in person.