Sunday, June 8, 2008

Time Flies

May just flew by for us. We had so much stuff going on. You know how I figured out that we had a lot more events going on than usual? Because we had more pictures on our camera from one month then we usually have in a whole year. No wonder why I felt like we were going a hundred miles an hour. These are some of the highlights of our month:



Nikosha lost her third tooth, but it was her first top tooth and the only one she pulled out by herself. How cute is that! Most of her friends had lost their teeth in kindergarten and it wasn't until January of first grade that Nikosha lost her first one. It didn't matter how many times we told her that it meant she had good, healthy teeth and that's why they weren't falling out, she still kept trying to make her teeth loose. It was a wonderful day when she finally lost her first tooth.




On May 6th we finally had a little boy. Kyler Nathaniel Loftus was born at 2:20 and was 8 lbs. 6 oz and 21 inches long (I actually had to go look up the length because my memory is so bad). We have the best friends and family ever!!! Not only did we have dinners brought to us for a week and a half, my mom came and stayed the night with me when Nate was gone, my mom and a friend came and did some laundry, two of my friends threw me a wonderful baby shower, I had people call me when they were at the store to see if I needed anything, friends and family watched the girls for us, I even had two friends show up and clean my house for me (embarrassing but very much appreciated). The list could go on and on so I just want to tell everyone that helped out thank you so much!!!! We felt so loved and appreciated every little phone call and everything everyone did.




A week and a couple of days after we had Kyler, Nikosha had her dance recital. We are so proud of how well she danced!! She has improved so much! Plus, she got to wear a cute, frilly purple costume and danced to "Best of Both Worlds" from Hannah Montana. She's living a 6 year old's dream! Nate waited until her dance to figure out how to focus the camera and was worrying about that instead of making sure he was filming Nikosha, so he doesn't have the camera on Nikosha all that much. Luckily, Nikosha's good friend and neighbor, Paige got recorded quite a bit, so at least someone we know is in the video, right?




A week and a couple days later was Katelyn's dance recital. (Her dance pictures were taken the Saturday after Kyler was born and I totally forgot. Talk about the "loser mom" award. The sad part about it is my friend offered to pick her up and when she came to get her I still didn't even remember until she said, "is Katelyn going today." Well, Katelyn was at our new house with Nate and it was 10 minutes until picture time, so I called Nate and told him Katelyn missed her pictures so he needed to make sure he did something special for her so she wasn't too mad.) Katelyn's a great dancer too, but she'd be just fine just getting a costume and getting her hair done and just standing on the stage.







Then on the final Saturday of May, Nikosha had a piano recital. It was a Disney themed recital. So she played "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid and dressed up as Minnie Mouse. She even won the best costume award. And she played wonderfully!!





On top of all of this stuff going on, Nate was still working on building our new house. This isn't a very good picture of it but it's the only one we have, so I guess you'll just have to come see it in person! Our house we're living in now is for sale and we were showing it a ton before we had Kyler, but luckily not a single person wanted to look at it for a month (and it just happened to be the month of May), and exactly one month to the day after Kyler was born we had someone come look at it and two more since then. What great timing!!


Now that I've written a whole book for everyone to read I better stop so that you will keep visiting our blog and not have to wonder if you'll have to read for 20 minutes or not.


No comments: