Sunday, February 27, 2011

Superbowl and Katelyn's Basketball

So, I know I'm a little late posting Superbowl pictures, but still had to add them cause I thought our cupcakes turned out pretty darn cute. Nikosha went to a cake decorating class the day before and all of my kids love to watch cake decorating videos on YouTube, so we thought this would be a good time to test our skills. These are actually cupcakes. (Couldn't really tell, could ya?). For those of you who don't know, Nate's a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so the Superbowl ended up being kind of a sad day for us...but the cupcakes were still good. Plus I made a new Enchilada Nacho recipe that was super yummy. Nate kept saying, "The Superbowl isn't about the food, it's about the game." But the food was the best part of that game (especially since it was fast Sunday).
This was Katelyn's first year playing basketball. She was pretty timid at first but once she got more confident she did great. She even scored two baskets! Plus, she's a fast little thing and that definitely helps. And my personal opinion...pretty dang cute out on the court!! Isn't her new haircut cute? I love her face with short hair but Nate likes it long so we go back and forth. Katelyn doesn't really care. She's just happy with whatever!

1 comment:

OurNotebook said...

For some reason, living in the south we get A LOT of Steelers fans, so I got a good chuckle at the cake; which was so awesome by the way- I am not creative at all! Hope all is well!