Kenzi is my junk food eater. She would eat nothing but junk all day long. This is her at a typical dinner at our house. I should have zoomed out on the camera so you could know that she's the only one at the table. This is probably about an hour after everyone else has finished eating and Kenzi's still at the table not eating her food. If you'll notice her plate looks like it's almost empty, but that's just because I only give her a very small portion for dinner to try to get her to finish everything on her plate. I've tried everything I can think of to get her to eat her meals. Any suggestions for my little junk food junkie?

This is what happens when I force her to take a bite. She'll just leave the food in her mouth for another hour and maybe every once in a while chew it. It's a good thing she's so darn cute, right?!!

Kyler obviously doesn't have the same problem. He'll eat almost anything put in front of him and LOVES every second of it.

I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for such an awesome birthday! It makes getting older feel so much better when I feel all the love from you! This is a little surprise party Nate put together on the night of my birthday:
6 comments:
Kenzi and Kyler are so stinkin cute!! I can't believe how big Kyler is getting, I feel like I hardly know him :(
I don't have any advice for you on Kenzi's eating habits. Kian is the same way. The only thing we do, which I am sure you already do, is if he doesn't eat his dinner then he doesn't get anything else. Sometime I even give the others a treat just to make a point of him not getting one (I know I'm a mean Mam!!).
I'm so glad you had a good birthday, lunch was so much fun. We need to do it again.
Happy belated birthday! About the eating thing, I think every mom has a kid like that. Dallin eats nothing except junk too. I do the same as Cheryl and make him go to sleep hungry if he doesn't eat. Kyler is so big, I bet he is twice as big as Carter. He is so handsome!!
Sounds like my Aubree! She loves candy but won't ever eat dinner. I think I'll have to look back at your comments to see others suggestions. When looking at suggestions online, it always says not to make it a fight, but how do you do that and get them to eat what they are supposed to? Hope you figure something out, but like Ashley said...every mom probably has at least one child like that. Happy belated birthday!
Okay, first of all, how rude of me to not even know it was your birthday. Happy late birthday! It sounds like it was a good one. Second...Mia is the exact same way and Kenzi. She has sat at the table for hours after everyone was done refusing to eat. I think I let her eat too much junk during the day. Kyler is a cutie. I love babies with messy faces...as long as I don't have to clean them up.
We have the same problem with our little princess. She won't eat anything but junk, and she's to cute to get mad at. let me know when you solve that riddle cause I haven't. We usually just end up waiting it out, hours after everyone else has left the table. If it's one of those nights when dinners running late, I usually just walk away so I don't get too mad. Good luck, and keep me posted.
I have problems with my kids eating junk food too! Caleb is pretty good, but Tatyana and Alyssa are pretty bad. It's the Loftus' sugar crave... It's in their blood!! What seems to work for me is to not have as much junk food in my house. So they have to eat, or they'll go hungry!
I'm glad to see that you had a good birthday!!
Post a Comment