I don't know why I'm having such a hard time deciding whether to go private or not. I guess most of it is not really understanding, so I'm asking for some help understanding: Tell me why you have decided to or not to have a private blog. Thanks for your help!
5 comments:
Hey Julie! I guess I decided that I didn't like not knowing who could be looking at my blog. I post lots of pictures of my kids and personal stuff and who knows what weirdos are out there reading and looking. So I mostly did it to protect my family. Good luck with your decision!
I just figure if some wierdo wants to terrorize my family he can look me up via phone book, or many other ways. Going private is not going to stop him. Blogs are fun to keep open because old friends can find you and you can make new friends too! At least that's why I like it.
You can get a meter that tells you who is looking at your blog too.
I guess I use facebook to find old friends (or they find me) and keep in contact with them and if I really like them then I invite them to my blog...
I agree with Becki that it is nice to know exactly who has access to your blog.
I consider myself super protective of my kids (you know me well enough to know that), but I really think that the chances of someone be looking at your blog with suspicious intentions are very slim... I feel pretty safe, and I don't put a lot of personal information on my blog.
I think it's a very personal decision, if it's really bothering you, then you should go private... Hopefully it will give you some peace of mind.
Julie, I just found your blog so I would be sad to have missed out just cause I didn't know you had one. I keep my blog open because it is fun when people find you. I make myself feel safe by not using my kids names, I've also gotten away from using our names altogether. Besides it is fun to come up with silly nick names for everyone. Plus I never say exactly where I'm from, NEVER. But it is all about peace of mind. If you sleep better with a private blog great. Just invite me please :)
Post a Comment