Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Well, today was Nikosha's first day of school at her new school. She has to go to a totally different school than everyone in our neighborhood because the two schools that everyone else are going to are full. Kind of crazy, huh?!! She's handled it like a champ, though. Doesn't she look all grown up in her pictures? What happened to my baby girl? Our friend, Aniko, had us save all of our Capri Suns this summer and made Nikosha a lunch box out of them. Nikosha loves it! Thanks, Aniko!
Katelyn will be in pre-school again this year because she misses the deadline since she has an October birthday, but she doesn't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day. The girls' new thing to do to keep from going to sleep at night is to say that their stomachs hurt and they are sick, so since I'm not the nicest, most compassionate mother when I want my kids to go to bed, so I can go to bed, I just give them a bowl and tell them if they need to throw up to throw up in the bowl. So, this is how we found Katelyn sleeping one night:

I'm much more compassionate after they're all asleep so I did at least remove the bowl so she could sleep a little better.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Time definitely flies when you are having fun. What grade is Nikosha in?? Emily starts 1st grade after labor day, and Katelyn 1/2 day kindergarten. It is going to be so weird have just two at home. Well at least until our baby boy comes in January. I love your compassion story, I totally do the same thing. VERY CUTE!!

romanrobertaloftus said...

Nikosha is so beautiful!! I can't believe how big she is! Katelyn is too funny... If you think you're not a compassionate mother, you should have seen me with Caleb at the grocery store on Monday! I don't know how they didn't call Child Protection...